UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Our Boracay Trip
Finally, I'm here in Boracay for my much-awaited and shall I say well-deserved 7-day vacation, this is the first time that I'm travelling with my little girl and I'm so happy.


Day 1
We left the house at 10AM to catch our 1:15 PM flight, dear brother drove us to the airport while the rest of the family was driven by Erick's cousin. We landed at Kalibo airport a little earlier than our estimated arrival time, then we were hailed by our bus for a one and half land travel to Caticlan port, then a 5-minute boat ride and 3 minutes land travel took us finally to our hotel - La Carmela de Boracay.

La Carmela de Boracay recently opened their Executive Wing, the newest addition to this over P70 million worth of property, we booked 1 Panorama Jr. Suite (P6K per night, good for 6 occupants) and 1 Executive De Luxe (P4K per night, good for 4 occupants), the rooms are nice and clean, the services is great and best of all, the staff are super friendly - my only complain is the elevator in our wing is not working forcing me to climb up and down the stairs daily.

We arrived around past 5PM, after unpacking our stuff, we had an early dinner and started walking from one station to another, stopping by every food stalls we find appealing, and it was a number of stop-over, tell you and we were full before we finally reaching D' Mall. There were a lot of party going on, considering it was a Saturday night and there was a Dragon Boat Competition. I capped the night by playing an episode of The Tudors , thank you so much to my hubby for bringing it for me.

Day 2
We woke up early with plan of walking Hermione to the beach, we sat down in front of  Boracay Regency Hotel since the sand is much cleaner there, saturday partying definitely ruined the beach front. Unfortunately my dear child developed a sudden fear for sand, she thinks its yucky or some sort - she would yell and cry on the attempt of putting her down. So we ended up carrying her instead. We headed back to the hotel for our breakfast while we had our lunch at the newly opened Astoria Hotel in Station 1, it was a lovely place and I'm thinking of staying there for our next Bora trip. For dessert, we had fruit shakes at Jony's Restaurant before realizing that it was different from famous Jonah's Fruit Shakes but no worries we can always go back and try the latter, then we headed to the church for the sunday mass.

For dinner, we went to D' Talipapa where we bought fresh seafoods and had it cooked Dampa-style in one of the nearby restos. We had Garlic Shrimp, Chili Crab, Sinigang na Tuna, Lechon Manok and Inihaw na Liempo. I had a grand time eating with my bare hands. Lastly, we summoned a masseuse for a room-service massage to finally make my night relaxing.

Day 3
Still Hermione is afraid of the sand and the ocean so we ended up sitting with her just watching the waves, but we had her swim in the pool where she just shouted, I can't tell if she's enjoying it or not so I took her to the tub instead hehe. Upon going back to the hotel, I had room-serviced manicure.We went to Station 1 again to take some pictures at the Grotto where we enjoyed street foods and tried Jonah's Fruit Shakes. Well its nothing but a so-so fruit shake, very ordinary. I'm not sure why people are so crazed about it, and the service sucks. I don't think I'm going back there, Jony's Fruit Shakes is still definitely the best fruit shakes in the island, I loved their Buco Shake. And the best thing about this trip to Station 1 is Hermione finally walked on the sand and tirelessly ran around the seashore.

We tried the buffet offering of La Carmela de Boracay for dinner complete with mongolian treat, it was a wonderful night being serenaded while having dinner. But my evening was spoiled upon realizing that I lost my Phiten bracelet, its freakin' new!


Day 4
Again, we started the day walking in the beach with my little girl, had lunch at Andok's in D' Mall and had the most delicious dessert at Red Bean - Hallowich, its similar to Halo-Halo but more on the fruitie side, super yummy! We immediately headed back to the hotel since I thought I was getting a heat stroke. Its so hot! Summer is eating me up.

We spent the rest of the day in the hotel, I also bought my mother-in-law, my mom and myself a very nice set of fresh water jewelries for quite a steal at Station 1 where Hermione finally appreciated the sea, she realized that its water afterall and she can swim on it hehe.


Day 5
We were very excited to bring Hermione out for a swim, she is wearing her two-piece speedo swim suit, I can't help but smile realizing how sexy she is. For  lunch, we ordered Chicken and Pizza at Shakeys. Then my SIL and I went to D' Talipapa to buy some shirts and keychains as pasalubong and ordered burgers from Hungry Monkey for dinner. I was so exhausted having to walk several times to-and-from my hotel to D' Mall, that I just slept and didn't bother to try the night life in the island.


Day 6
Again as our morning ritual, we went out for a swim with the little girl and I'm extremely happy that she is enjoying Boracay. We ordered again from Andok's for lunch and slept the whole afternoon, the husband would usually go out in the evening with his brother for a drink or two before joining us while I kept myself busy with The Tudors before snoozing. We were planning to go out for some drinks and to watch the fire dancers but I slept instead, I dunno but I'm so lazy, I guess this is my idea of being on vacation. I should have gone to Bohol instead. Anyway, we're planning to go there next summer after our HK Disney trip.



Day 7
Last day in Boracay. We let Hermione swam for the last time before having our lunch at the hotel. Hubby went out with the kids for Helmet Diving, I was supposed to go with them but I changed my mind since the heat is really killing me, I packed our things instead. We flew back to Manila at 6PM, the rainy weather trapped most of the cabs so we had to wait for the airport taxis for an hour or so, good thing my father was able to pick us up in the airport, we had dinner at our paternal house in Marikina before heading to Cainta.

It was a very relaxing vacation although I was mostly in the hotel because of the heat and my laziness hehe. I enjoyed being in Boracay - and I'm happy that Hermione is not a nervous flyer, she loves being on the plane.  What's more enjoyable about the whole vacation is -  our family is with us.
posted by JV @ Tuesday, April 27, 2010  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Boracay Hotels said…

    I liked the way how to write your memorable experience. There a good atmosphere there, mostly in nightlife. Hope you can post some photos


    Tanya Gemarin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER