UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
CERTIFIED FIT TO TRAVEL
I finally undergone medical test and boy I was so nervous the whole time.

I had a baseline medical test last April and I scored high in cholesterol and createnine, meaning, I need to cutback on high-choles food which is undoubtedly difficult since I'm a meat-lover.

My weight is 126 lbs. then, I started cutting a bit here and there but not totally depriving myself of meat, carbs and sweets. It was only last August that I seriously done some dieting, I would have veggie salad for dinner most of the time or have dinner with less rice. But during weekends I would binge for burgers, friend chicken and pizza haha. However, light eating during dinner seems to do the trick, as I would weight between 116 lbs to 120 lbs now.

Last Sept 19, I decided to have my medical test so when the Visa arrives I can immediately endorse it to the embassy for stamping. I went to one of the accredited medical center in Makati which I think is reputable enough not to make money out of me. There were horrible stories wherein OFWs or those acquiring residence visa were subjected to undergo a lot of expensive not-really-required-medical tests saying that they have health problems and would not release their medical certification unless they shell a lot of money for these non-sense medical exams/procedures.  Worst is that some even need to bribe the medical test center! My hubby was a victim of one of the medical test center who forcefully required my hubby to take a vitamin  for 10 days and more re-test to bring down his very very slightly elevated bilirubin which their own doctor said that its "clinically insignificant".
So you can just imagine what my 24 hour of waiting is, knowing the possibilities of some medical test center might screw my medical test so I had to be careful in selecting the medical test. Before I went there I had another personal medical test c/o of my health card last end of August and I ace it. You would want to do this, in case the medical test center you step on would want to take advantage of you, there would be a proof from another medical test facility that you are FIT.

I chose Abakkus Medical Test Center in Palanan Makati, thought its a bit of a challenge me getting there since I'm not fond of Makati really, I easily get lost, it was worth it. The facility is clean, the staff are nice and efficient, the line moves very quickly. I had CBC, Bloody Typing, Xray, Dental, Eye, Physical, Interview, Psychological Test, Urine and Stool Test. I was able to complete all of these in 3 hours. I was asked to call back after lunch the next day, and so I did. My heart was pumping hard as they check on my file and was only relieve when the person at the other line told me that I'm fit to travel and may get my medical certificate.

So I was soooooo ecstatic, I celebrated it by eating a LOT hehe. The medical certificate is valid for 2 months, I paid P2,150 for it. I just hope the visa will arrive before it expires.





posted by JV @ Tuesday, October 02, 2012  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER