UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
My thoughts on being a SAHM...
Being a Stay-At-Home-Mom (SAHM) dramatically changed my life. I have so much time for myself and for my little girl. Hermione would always start the day with a big hug for me whenever she wakes up and I would sing lullaby until she goes to sleep (but most of the time I'm using my IPAD's IPOD, its better that way)...

I'm no longer worrying about being late for work, I can sleep with her 'til noon. I don't do presentations anymore but I'm into flash cards and IPAD's kiddie games. I don't spend my hours sitting in those boring corporate meetings, instead I find myself talking to my in-laws, my parents and brothers more often. Real conversations.

I don't hold regular weekly meeting with my team anymore, but instead discuss household duties and assignments with Hermione's yaya and our household help. My suits just stays in the closet since I'm good to go even in shorts and shirts. I've stopped worrying if we will be able to hit the target revenue for the month but is now concentrating on how I can cut down our expenses since we are now living on a single income.

Yes, now I've learned to live simply. No more big ticket item purchases - no more LVs, Longchamps, Bare Minerals and Tory Burch for me. But I don't miss them, these material things kept me from quitting my job long enough. Now being with my little girl and with my dear husband brings me incomparable happiness...(good thing I managed to get what's in my wish list before joining the SAHM  world haha)

Now when I go to grocery I compare product's prices and contents, I don't automatically fill my cart with what I usually buy because they have more airtime advertisements.

I'm also into cooking, I would browse through my old magazines and yummy.ph for recipes and try them in the kitchen. This is something I always wanted to do but couldn't fit in my busy schedule. But then again, at the back of my mind, I'm not into being a full-time SAHM. I have a lot of business in my mind which I tried to push back for the meantime since I owe myself some bumming time and I'm gonno need some moolah to start.

I'm loving my new role now. God is truly good to me.
posted by JV @ Wednesday, October 20, 2010  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER