UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Friday, December 17, 2010
CHRISTMAS 1 TO 10
What do you know, it's barely 8 days before Christmas...every year we go over the routine of preparing for Christmas...but we never grow tired, even if what we do is exactly the same over and over...maybe that is what we call Christmas spirit.

For me, my Christmas radar seems to go all up because of the following:

1. Traffic. Well traffic seems to be a regular thing here in the country especially in metropolis , but I never imagine it could get worse this holiday season. The usual 30-minute ride will take like forever, is it that people tends to go out more or cars suddenly multiply gazillion times during December? Maybe both.

2.Crime. While the people in the workforce are excited to get their 13th month and bonuses, the crooks are equally excited about getting their share of your bonuses, of course after BIR had their cut (but legally).

3. SALE. My heartbeat seems to go faster when I see these letters spelled side by side with each other and written in bold red color. And I see them almost every weekend during the BER months. I love going to SALE, and I bet SALE loves me and my credit cards.

4. TAXI. Yes, we should put up hate campaign for them during December (or maybe the whole year round). As if all of a sudden LTFRB gave them the license to refuse using  their meter, dictating to charge double your usual fare with that arrogant/snobby face they project whenever they feel like taking you to your destination. Choosy eh.

5. GARBAGE TRUCK. While the salesman and most of the people are relaxing, the garbage collectors seems to be working doubly hard in this time of the year. I always hear their truck chumming those cute melodies say 3x a week during December (and only during this month). I know, I know, so they can distribute their white envelopes. Geez

6. DIET. People tend to be more and more on diet just to fit in their Christmas party outfit, but somehow ends up getting bigger. Well, blame it on that darn LECHON that's always present in every party. I'm sure Lydia could never been happier.

7. MERALCO BILL. With all the lights up, especially the Christmas decors, MVP is all smiling with his sky-rocketing revenue.

8. COINS. I'm coin-less, carolers took them all!

9. OFW. Seat sales left and right, our heroes loves to come home this time of the year. Well, nothing beats celebrating Christmas here in the Philippines as compared to any part of the globe. That's why I forced my husband to book a flight so we can celebrate Christmas together.

10. ZOMBIES. I see more and more of them trying their best not to close their eyes during Simbang Gabi. As for me, I love the Bibingka and Puto Bumbong that the walking zombies gets to bring home every mass.



posted by JV @ Friday, December 17, 2010  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER