UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Friday, August 29, 2014
BACK TO OUR DOHA LIFE
And we're back in Doha!

Last June, Hermione and I went to PH for vacay. I was already 27 weeks pregnant then, ealier during the pregnancy hubby and I decided to forgo the vacay, but I'm secretly hoping we could still push through with it as I want to spend some time back home as there's nothing to do much here during the hot summer months. And besides we already have non-refundable roundtip tickets booked to Manila. 

After consultations with my 2 ob gyne doctors, they gave me the green light to travel as my pregnancy has been recategorized to low risk. So there we were, despite being so huge and with a 5 year old in tow, I gather all my energy and endured the 9 hour flight back home. Hermione and I were sad that we weren't able to travel with her daddy as he cannot go on vacation leave for a long time, he will just fly to Manila on his birthday week to celebrate with us and to travel back with us.

My brothers and father fetched us from the airport. We decided to try the Clark Airport as its much cheaper than landing to NAIA and boy it was a really good decision because it only took us 2 hours from there to our house. And save us a lot. 

I spent most of the days at home, just eating and spending time with my family. I wasn't really hoping to go somewhere far because I'm having a hard time travelling especially with the traffic in Manila and my bulging tummy. Most of the time I would just go to the nearby malls just to eat and buy things that we will bring back to Doha. Good thing my borther is there to drive for me anytime. Wilcon has been also one of my favorite go-to places since I'm personally choosing the finishing materials for the apartments currently being constructed for us. We named it after Hermione - its called Amidala Apartments. 

When we decided to move here, we agreed that we will not have a house constructed until we're back for good. Instead, we opted to put up apartments for rent so it could generate funds for us while the lot appreciates over time. My father is in construction business anyway, and most of his clients now are celebrities - the likes of Kris Aquino and Ann Curtis. 

So there we go, with my mom's help acting as the project manager, my father as our contractor (for free hehe), we had the construction started last February, 8 months earlier than originally planned. And after 6 months its almost complete. We had it blessed during hubby's birthday. Though there are some works to be done, we think everything will be done by September, my brother replaced my mom, he is now managing the construction work as we brought my mom here to stay with us for baby Katniss' birth. 







posted by JV @ Friday, August 29, 2014  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER