UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
KATNISS CHRISTENING
I can't believe that its been almost a year and I haven't blog about anything. I'm extremely busy with my two girls but I promise to find time to write about what's happening on my end.

Well, I feel great! I can't remember ever smiling this often, Katniss is truly an angel. She makes me all gaga over her. Even though there are times that I'm so sleep-deprived that I act like a robot, just one smile from her will wipe all those tiredness away.

Since the start of the year I was busy planning for Katniss Christening and her 1st Birthday and Hermione's 7th Birthday.  Initially we wanted to have her Christening here in Doha but later on decided to have it in PH so there will be an occassion to invite family, relatives and friends we missed so much. Although we have been back to PH almost evey year, its mostly more of "emergency" than of a vacation so we weren't able to meet our friends and relatives, and since it will be impossible for us to meet all of them during our brief stay, the best way is to gather them up during Katniss' Christening. 

I decided to have it again at OLA Church where Hermione's baptism took place and book again Cafe Kapitan for reception. As usual, food was superb and it was a breeze walking from Church to the reception venue.

Katniss Christening Gown was made by my favorite couturier, a gown fit for a princess that she is. Another gown was made which she wore during reception - a pink one this time. For hairdress, I had a dozen custom-made for her and Hermione to be worn during Christening and their birthday party come September, a couple of footband were also included in my orders. They look so fabulous!
















I picked OWL for a theme and personally styled the reception venue.  I always wanted candy buffet so I ordered some cupcake holders and candy boxes from Amazon and bought apothecary jars at SM's Home Center. I had an owl cake and cupcake with owl toppers plus choco lollies all with owls to complement the theme.  




I made these personalized chocolate bars, atleast the wrapper haha, it's just kitkat bars that I wrapped with cutie owl wrapper.



For favors, I had notepad made from printed matter for adults. For kids, I ordered personalized pillows. For ninongs and ninangs, we gave them personlized notebook with their names on it and pens with owl design that I ordered from Amazon. For family, we gave purse with owl printed on it and owl pens that I also ordered from Amazon.



More owls - guest book, owl flush toys for centerpieces that I partnered with bird cages and some paper pompoms. Even bottled waters didn't escape my owlistic addiction haha. And the candles for the ceremony.









posted by JV @ Tuesday, October 27, 2015  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER