UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Super Mom
Being a mom changed me in so many ways...

Before I would always spend all my time at work, yes, I could say that I was workaholic then, I would come in early and be the last one to leave the office building, I'm always itching to go to the office even during weekends. Hell, what was I thinking then?!?

But after giving birth to my little princess, I'm always trying to strike a balance between work and personal life. Its a struggle.

I have only an average of 5 hours snooze daily, so what? I'm not a sleeper, its such a waste of time, if only I could go on days without looking like a zombie then I would totally skip the whole slumbering idea. I try to wake up early even if I have to leave late for work just to squeeze in some together-time with the little girl in the morning.  I do this voluntarily now since she learned that poking mommy's eyes is really effective if she wants me up with her by 5 or 6AM. At night, she usually sleeps at 7PM, the time I go off from work - after dinner, shower and some TV time, I would sit in front of my laptop and try to work on some deadlines. Then I would blog-hop, take a peek at FB and burn the night watching whatever TV series is available for my viewing pleasure. I have been switching from Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, 24, Dr. House, Leverage and The Good Wife. These keep me sane after a hard day's work.

Weekends are spent either in the office (for some can't wait activities), hospital (for the regular well baby check ups and vaccine shots), grocery trips (usually goes 3x a week, I dunno I simply love wheeling the cart around), malling (my favorite), parent visits, birthdays/weddings and movie marathon. All these juggling makes my life more exciting.

At work, I always keep tabs on my deadlines and deliver results but still my family holds the number one spot in my priority list. Being a mom is hard enough, what more as a working mom. So to all the moms out there, hang in there...
posted by JV @ Thursday, March 11, 2010  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER