UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
FIRST BLOG IN 2013
We celebrated new year with a simple dinner that I prepared spaghetti, roast chicken and leche flan.
Yes, you read it right, I know how to roast a chicken haha. Well, thanks to food network.com!

My father was teasing me last new year's eve, he was happy to see me in the kitchen (via Skype), he said that I now know how to cook while before I cannot even bring water to boil hehe. Well it was true, when I was single and living with my parents, my Mom would always be there for me. Even boil water for my bath (during the cold weather)....ohhh I'm beginning to miss my Mother.

Now,  I'm a mom - I take care of my daughter maybe more than my Mommy took care if me, because Hermione is one high-maintenance little girl and I'm one hell of an OC mom *Wink*Wink*

We were able to skyped with my family, I was soooo happy to see and talk to them, they were a bit sad that we are not there and I'm a bit teary-eyed looking at them from the laptop screen. But knowing that they are okay and in good health, make the blues go away. My father would always say that OFWs nowadays are luckier because during his time technology is not that advance and all they have is snail mail and voice tape.

It's a good thing I'm with  my little girl and hubby, I can just imagine the OFWs that are forced to work abroad just to provide for their family. If only there are more work in our country. If only our government  is really serving their people and put our taxes to good use and not just on their own pockets. I remembered when I was getting my medical exam, I would eavesdrops on the conversation of OFW-wannabe all lining up to get "fit to work" certified and I was really shock that some of them are paid just Php 20K monthly and still they would choose to leave home and family - Oh My, its just merely a fraction of what I'm getting paid and I don't even have to leave the country.

The same way, not all pinoys here in Qatar are living the time of their life. Some of the pinay nannies here are paid QR1,000 or even lower than that. But still, they take it because its far better than what they are getting back home. Their salaries here could do a long way when sent to  Pinas  - it could pay for the housing, send their kids to school and provide food. In return they need to endure the homesickness.

I mentioned to my hubby on our way home that there is no really a place like home - being in Pinas, how hard it may be, how polluted and how unsafe it may seem, brings me a feeling of being HOME. Because every time we are out in the road, I always feels this pang of sadness. I don't know, maybe its seeing and realizing that I'm  not in my own country. Then I would remember my fellow "kabayan" who are here on their own, without their families and I would say a silent "Thank you Lord for all the blessings you are giving us".

So much for the heavy stuff.





posted by JV @ Wednesday, January 02, 2013  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER