UNDOMESTICATED WIFE
musings.raves.rants.ramblings
Friday, March 11, 2011
NOW A DOMESTICATED WIFE...
It has been a week now since our maid went on emergency vacay, God, I want to strangle her when she announced that she would like to leave the next day, I told her I wasn't expecting her to push through with her vacation, not until April. But I let her go, before I could kill her hehe.

Now, I'm officially an "all-around". But, to be honest, I'm loving my new role...I would clean the house early in the morning or late at night when the little girl is still asleep. I managed to clean the three (3) bathrooms in a week's time. Gosh, its really had to live in a huge house! (4 Bedrooms and 3 Bathrooms, such a killer! Thanks to my super mop that I found at Robinson's Mall last year. The mop is similar to what's being used by St. Luke's Hospital, you don't need a broom if you have this one...and for an asthmatic mom like me, it definitely saved me a lot of trip at the ER. 

And you know what's surprised me more? I was really fascinated with our washing machine, I bought an automatic one when we moved to the new house last June and it was only now that I get to use it. You see, the last time I attempted to wash clothes was when we were newlyweds in 2005 and I used a manual type washer back then, and mind you it was an awful experience. I didn't realize that washing with an automatic type machine can be such a blessing, love love love it. I would wash the clothes while cleaning or cooking, I just have to load the clothes and when the bell rang, you just have to hang them.

With no maid, I have to prep the ingredients for my cooking all by myself, and wash the dishes. My MIL said that the house is cleaner now that I'm officially in-charge, that's how great I am in doing my house chores. Congratulations to me!

Of course, there are times that I would want to lie around, I would ask the husband if we could just eat out. That would be an average of 2-3 times a week aside from Saturday that we usually spent at my mom's place.

Yesterday, we had our lunch out and had coffee at Starbucks, just for a change of scenery and because I needed to buy my asthma meds. We also bought an Umbroller  - it's a stroller for toddler which can be folded as an umbrella. I've been meaning to buy one for "mall-ing" purposes and in preparation for our Disney Trip. It was awesome, though the little lady could take some familiarizing with her new ride. 


Sometimes I would think back on how different I am from last year. Definitely, I'm becoming more domesticated, and I'm loving every moment of it. 
posted by JV @ Friday, March 11, 2011  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: JV
Home: Manila, Philippines
About Me: 30-something. A wife to a wonderful husband. A mother to my little chinita. Career Woman by Choice. A Coffee Drinker.Shopaholic.Book Lover.Blogger.Movie Addict.
Know me more
Previous Post
Archives
Blogger Mums
Chat with Me



blogspot
statistics


Personal - Top Blogs Philippines BLOGGER